Friday 11 May 2012

Taking Apart A Tattoo Machine

Okay, so I got bored today after I had the flat cleaned and had my sketch-a-day finished, and I had a few hours to kill before therapy, so I decided to take apart and recalibrate one of the tattoo machines I got yesterday.

After I took the sucker apart it hit me that I could do a blog about it. I decided to put it back and take pictures of the progress.

So here it goes

This is the machine all put together. 


You probably cant see on the machine but I took the contact screw off the front binder...It's infront of the machine


In this one I took off the front binder but that bit is obvious haha


Now it's starting to look a bit bare...I took off the armature bar and machine spring...The bar and spring are both beside the machine...I tried to take the spring and bar apart but the screw was too tight.


In this one the whole machine is taken apart...As you can see all the parts are here and the machine frame is a piece of shit haha



The frame and power coils here...The coil is the double barrel part with the wires...I wish I could have taken this apart, but then I would have really fucked up the machine


Re-screwing the double barrel power coil...The heart and mind of the machine haha


I put the black rubber pads on for this one...I dont think I need to give the reason for these pads but it's to stop shocks..Obviously haha


Screw put back in and the metal contact of the coil is attached


I screwed the rear binder back on(this is really easy)


A shot of the machine before the armature bar was put back on


The armature bar set on top of the machine


The machine after the armature bar was screwed back on


Here's the top of the machine with the rubber pads...Again to avoid shock:P


Screw put back in on this one...The contact has to be fixed into place


Here's the front binder put back on...But I put it on backwards...durr Micheál


My awesomeness realised this and fixed the problem...Man was it a stupid mistake haha


The contact screw put back in place...You turn this to set certain machines to be a liner or a shader...This one however can only be used as a liner I think


The black plastic screw that holds the contact screw in place...And I put the black rubber O-ring and the nipple grommet back on, that's the yellow part 


The machine all put back together and re-calibrated...I couldnt show the calibration cos that would have had to have been done on video.



This was surprisingly easy to take apart and put back together...It took only 25 mins and that was with me stopping to take pictures...But to find out if it works properly, I'm going to have to test it on someone...Lucky for me, I wont be using it cos its such a crappy machine.

It was a great learning experience and I'd love to build my own machine from scratch...I'll do another blog when I have all the parts...Then I'll be one of those artists who has his own special machine :)...Like a real professional :)

2 comments:

  1. Such a great post. Article is also awesome.

    Keshibaba is an online shopping site. At this online store you will get a wide range of all categories from clothing to home D`core. You can also online buy tattoo machine with heavy discount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved reading through this article..
    Thanks for sharing such a amazing post with us.
    https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/Sce8H8R9O23Mm9fka66b1

    coil tattoo machines

    ReplyDelete